The main aim of the 1st DiPP 2011 Conference is to bring together as many interested institutions/parties as possible working on the digitization, recording, documenting, archiving, presenting, protecting and managing World Cultural and Scientific Heritage in order to share their advanced thoughts, know-how and experience. The main focus is on environments providing open access to digitized heritage. Public and specialized libraries, museums, galleries, archives, community centers, research institutions and universities are expected to gain and exchange knowledge, skills, and expertise from the event.
Several coherently interrelated events will be arranged in the conference days including:
- National and international projects for digital presentations and preservation of cultural and scientific heritage
- Expositions and demo presentations of digital repositories, e-archives, e-museums, libraries, etc. in cultural heritage
- Round table on open access to digitized cultural and scientific heritage
- "Open Access to Scientific Information" national information day, organized by the OpenAIRE project and the EuDML "European Digital Mathematics Library" project
- Workshop on Astroinformatics
- Presentation of a master program in digitization and digital libraries domain, etc.
Librarians,archivists, content curators, researchers, practitioners and graduate students are welcomed to participate in paper presentations and panel discussions in the frames of the conference.
DiPP2011 Conference: September 11-14, 2011
Conference place: Museum of the Bulgarian Revival and Constituent Assembly, Veliko Tarnovo
The conference is organized by the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and the St Cyril and St Methodius University of Veliko Tarnovo. The event is also supported by Regional Museum of History (Veliko Tarnovo), Institute for Ethnology and Folklore Studies with Ethnographic Museum, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Public Library "P. R. Slaveykov" (Veliko Tarnovo), Architectural Ethnographic Complex "Etar" (Gabrovo), Institute for Historical Studies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Vassil Levski National Military University (Veliko Tarnovo), Union of Scientists in Bulgaria, Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, etc.
The conference is partially supported by the IO-03/2006 "Knowledge Technologies for Creation of Digital Presentation and Significant Repositories of Folklore Heritage" national research project.